Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Riding the Wave

Sometimes you just have to ride the wave.
Even when you don't think you know how.
Even when all you can think of is how much you need a boat.  Or at least a life vest.  Or how much you'd like a big wave simply rinse you out of your rock and hard spot.  Even then.
Some people really know how to ride the wave.  They relax and let the water take them wherever it will.  They don't thrash, they float.  Even when the waters get rough, these folks know that a calmness will return.
They trust.  They let go.
And they wait to see what unfolds in the ripples.
Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2011


4 comments:

cindy said...

oh, i am working so hard at learning to do this! it goes against every fiber in me, but i know it's where i need to get to...lovely words describing such turbulent feelings for me-a thrasher.

Nancy said...

Me too Cindy and I am awful at it! I need to get there too. I want to believe the universe holds great things, even for those of us who thrash! Thank you for your kind comment. It means a lot to me.

jude said...

some rather amazing images here.we all thrash now and then.

Nancy said...

Thanks for the comment on the images. Taking photos brings me a lot of joy. Sharing them brings even more! Ahhh...yes thrashing...Mmmm...