Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Apricots- First Harvest for 2011





Outside my front door, we have a small, misshapen apricot tree.  It has been here for the 12 years I have lived here.  What is nice about apricots is they come back each year and this tree has done just that.  No matter what kind of pruning job by the gardener, how awful the weather has been or any other circumstances, this little tree has remained strong.  Each year as spring moves into summer, the apricots begin to grow.  They are the best tasting apricots I have ever had!




Somehow I think there is a valuable life lesson held firmly in the limbs of this little tree.
Now if we can just beat the birds and squirrels to them, we might have a mighty harvest!


Photos by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2011

2 comments:

Tammy said...

ahhhh .. i love your apricots!!! I so love apricots!!! how nice ~

Nancy said...

We do too! Eating them like crazy!!!