Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

This is a Test!



Photo by NAE @pomegranatetrail ©2011

This is a test. If it were an actual post, I would have something amazing or important or inspiring or at least interesting to share. But, right now all I can say is I am here. I am here after thinking about being here for a very long time. I have written a thousand witty 'about me' blurbs or posts in my head over the past many months (dare I say years!) However, today I finally just dove in with no water wings on and no real plan, which is kind of the way I like it, so it seems. Maybe I will accept this as a lesson on the evolution of a blog as I have tried to do with other things I create. After claiming my blog name and setting up the basic format (for now), I reflected on how moving through the process was much like moving through life. There were starts and stops, frustrations and sighs of contentment. There were moments of getting lost and then somehow finding my way again, all to end up here for the first time and feeling quite a bit happy and a little nervous. Oh well, I guess this is the way of trying new things. I will continue on with this endeavor because I really do like the creative expression aspect and the challenge. I have so much I would like to share. I hope you’ll join me in the adventure and the conversation.

10 comments:

AKW said...

Great start, sis!

Kim said...

Congratulations, and welcome to the world of blogging!

Judy--- said...

you are so brave ---
& this is inspiring to me as a non-blogger so far --
hooray for you !!!! congrats in a big way !!!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

hooray from grace, over in Jude's world.
it's a wonderful way to give honor to your self
and to your work.

Jeannie said...

Another non-blogger clapping and being inspired! One day I hope to dive in also sans water wings.

Deb G said...

Perfect start!

Nancy said...

Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone!

stickyfingers said...

well done, you made it to the world of blog - i never thought i would get involved but since i discovered that it opened the door to a whole realm of textile art i have been hooked - enjoy it

helen said...

You're a natural at this :~) Enjoy...see you at Jude's :~)

Debi From the Pacific Northwest said...

Hey! Great first post!!! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. See you on SEW!
;~) Debi